Amazon is an US-based e-commerce and cloud computing organization located in Seattle, Washington, which was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994. Amazon started its business as an online bookstore, but soon expanded and diversified their business area such as selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewellery. The tech giant is the largest Internet retailer in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization and second largest after Alibaba Group in terms of total sales. Amazon is the second-largest private employer in the US which comprises of almost 566,000 employees.
The company also owns a publishing arm, Amazon Publishing, a film and television studio, Amazon Studios, produces consumer electronics lines including Kindle-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo devices, and is the world's largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS and PaaS) through its AWS subsidiary. Amazon also sells certain low-end products under its in-house brand AmazonBasics.
Amazon has separate retail websites for the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India, Mexico, Singapore, and Turkey. In 2016, Dutch, Polish, and Turkish language versions of the German Amazon website were also launched. Amazon also offers international shipping of some of its products to certain other countries.
- According to LinkedIn, Amazon has topped the list leaving behind Google for the best place to work in US.
- You will get the opportunity to work with extremely intelligent people and one of the most innovative technologies
- Career in Amazon will provide you number of opportunities to develop your skills and receive competitive benefits and compensation
- Make your lives better both professionally and personally
- High career growth and development prospect
- Tech's quick expansion makes opportunity for many more jobs
- Great place to work where young professionals always aspire to make an impact
- Amazon provides you great opportunity to learn while working hard
- Working with Amazon provides great experience but the nature of jobs is highly demanding
- You will get a chance to become a part of a big community and will get time to reflect your ideas
- Amazon also provides health care benefits to its employees
- Saving plans as well as employee stock insurance plans makes employees future safe and secure
- Amazon also provides its employees relocation assistance
Complete Test Series for Cognizant
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills