Amazon.com Inc. is a US-based MNC, headquartered in Seattle, Washington. It is one of the largest online retailers and counts among the most valuable brands of the world. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewellery. The company also produces consumer electronics notably the Amazon Kindle e-book reader and the Kindle Fire tablet computer and is a major provider of cloud computing services. Today, it is among the Big five IT giants of America.
Amazon Selection Process:
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Amazon Recruitment process includes a set of 3-4 selection stages, in which decisions are made as per the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
The following steps are followed in Amazon selection process:
- Written Test
- Interview Round
- No percentage criteria for class 10th, 12th or graduation.
- Education gap of not more than one year.
Amazon Exam Pattern
The written round conducted by Amazon is divided into the following sections:
|Number of Questions
Features of Amazon paper pattern:
- The total time allotted to the written round is 60 minutes. The test carries a total of 40 marks.
- The technical and aptitude sections include multiple-choice questions, carrying one mark each. In the coding section, each question carries 10 marks.
- There is a negative marking for MCQs only.
- Technical section consists of questions from C language, DBMS, data structure, operating systems, networking, etc.
- Aptitude section has questions from common reasoning, verbal, and mathematical topics like averages, time & work, number system, arrangements, series, syllogism, analogies, sentence completion, error detection, antonyms/synonyms, etc.
- Coding section includes questions based on arrays, stacks, and other algorithmic and mathematical concepts.
- Overall, the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Amazon Interview Process
The last stage consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for, or actual technical problems that they would likely face if employed.
- HR Interview
This is the final step in selecting a candidate. HR interview helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of a wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry-specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
To check more availability of information, the applicants can visit amazon.jobs
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.