Amazon.com Inc. Is an American international electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United States. It is the world's largest online retailer. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewellery. The company also produces consumer electronics notably the Amazon Kindle e-book reader and the Kindle Fire tablet computer and is a major provider of cloud computing services.
Amazon Selection Process:
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Amazon Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Stages of selection process to get recruited in Amazon:
- Written Exam
- Amazon Interview Process
- 60 percent in Class X, XII and Graduation.
- Education gap of not more than one year.
The Amazon.com written test pattern is sub-divided in the following sections:
||Number of Questions
|Aptitude & Reasoning/Technical
- The total time allotted to the written exam is 90 minutes.
- There is a negative marking in the paper.
- Technical section consists of o/p, complexity, C language and DBMS and some of the questions are output based
- Aptitude section consists of questions from basic permutation combination, probability.
- Programming section includes question based on Algorithmic and Mathematical concepts
- Overall the level of the paper is easy to moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Amazon Interview Process
Amazon interview process consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.