Tata Consultancy Services is software services consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is the world’s tenth largest IT service provider. The company also provides business solutions and outsourcing services.
TCS Selection Process:
In terms of employment opportunities, TCS is the 4th largest employer in India .In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
For 2018 Batch, TCS conducts a National Qualifier Test for campus recruitment.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in TCS:
- Written Exam
- TCS Interview Process
- Technical Interview
- Personal Interview
- Minimum 60 percent throughout the degree.
- No backlogs should be there.
- A gap in studies for up to 2 years is allowed for valid reasons.
The TCS test pattern is divided into the following sections:
||Number of Questions
||Time allotted (in mins)
- The total time allotted to the written exam is 90 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.33 in Quantitative Aptitude and Programming Language Efficiency section but there is no negative marking in rest of the sections.
- Quantitative Aptitude section consists of certain questions marked with a star in this section which signifies a higher weightage. This also means that they can give you a higher negative marking if answered incorrectly. This section comprises of questions on Averages, Time and Distance, Functions, Geometry. Time and Work, Mixtures and Allegations, Algebra, Percentages, Ratios, and Number System.
- Programming Language Efficiency contains MCQs which is related to the basic programming concepts.
- Coding Test section comprises of coding questions on Real Time programming. There is an option to choose to code from the languages – C/C++/Java/ Perl and Python.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round
TCS Interview Process
Tata Interview Process consists of Technical Interview, Managerial and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Managerial Interview is much different from entry-level job interviews. Instead of asking you about your skills, the hiring manager will address a number of different competencies. This helps the hiring manager understand how you'll think and act in tough management situations.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Clearing Oracle Recruitment Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation.
To check more availability of information, the applicants can visit http://careers.tcs.com
and gather information.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.