Tata Consultancy Services is a software services and consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, India. Globally, it ranks second among the most valuable brands in the IT services sector. TCS is India's largest MNC and has offices across 40+ countries. The company also provides business solutions and outsourcing services.
TCS Selection Process:
In terms of career opportunities, TCS is known to be the biggest employer in India. Out of nearly a lakh people that the company hires annually, almost 60-70% are freshers. TCS recruitment process is aimed at evaluating the viability of the candidate's job application. The different stages of selection focus on different sets of abilities, knowledge, and skills required in the potential employees.
TCS follows a two-stage screening procedure, that includes a written test round and interviews round. TCS written test is called National Qualifier Test, that is specifically for campus recruitment.
TCS selection process is composed of the following rounds:
- Written Exam (NQT)
- Interview Rounds
- Technical + Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
Eligibility for TCS Exam
Before appearing for the written exam, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Minimum 60 percent throughout the academics (class 10th /12th /UG /PG).
- Maximum of 1 active backlog while sitting for the exam
- A gap in studies for up to one year is allowed for valid reasons.
- Only engineering graduates/postgraduates and M.Sc. (CS/IT) or MCA graduates are allowed.
TCS Exam Pattern
The first round consists of a 180-minute written exam, made up of 92 questions. It is divided into the following sections:
||Number of Questions
||Time allotted (in minutes)
Key Features of TCS Paper Pattern
- The test is held in adaptive format.
- There is no negative marking.
- Aptitude part comprises of questions from basic mathematical concepts, common reasoning topics, English grammar, and Reading comprehension passages.
- Programming Logic contains questions related to the fundamental programming concepts.
- Coding Test section comprises of coding questions on Real Time programming. There is an option to choose to code from the languages – C/C++/Java/ Perl and Python.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round
TCS Interview Process
Tata Interview Process consists of Technical/Managerial Interview, and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed. From the Managerial part, the hiring manager will address a number of different competencies. This helps the hiring manager understand how you'll think and act in tough management situations.
Final step to selecting a candidate as an employee is to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of a wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry-specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.