TCS National Qualifier Test (NQT) is open to all graduates and postgraduates from various fields. This pan India online test is one of the most awaited tests in the country. With TCS Ninja and TCS Digital open to all colleges, the number of registrations is set to rise. This year, TCS NQT is set to be conducted on 03rd & 04th August, 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for TCS NQT
TCS National Qualifier Test can be taken by any full time graduates of the following streams: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/MCA. Additionally, the exam requires the candidate to fulfill the following criteria:
- Graduates/postgraduates of all engineering streams/branches are eligible.
- Candidates with MCA must have graduated BSc/BCA/BCom/BA with Maths/Statistics background.
- Candidates with M.Sc in Information technology/computer science/software engineering are eligible.
- Candidate must have scored atleast 60% in academics in class X/XII/UG/Diploma/PG.
- Candidate should not have more than 1 active backlog (to be cleared within the stipulated time period).
- The overall gap in candidate’s academic career must not be more than 2 years.
NQT is conducted to hire the most talented brains for multi-skilled and multi-functional roles. This equal opportunity is provided to all technical graduates across the country.
TCS Ninja and TCS Digital - Recruitment Process
Given below is the detailed recruitment process for TCS Ninja and TCS Digital hiring. It consists of following four rounds:
- Online Test - TCS National Qualifier Test (NQT)
- Technical Interview
- Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
The qualifying students are selected for TCS Ninja and TCS Digital profiles. Further, the top performers of TCS Ninja hiring are also offered Digital roles. Learn about the various rounds of TCS recruitment process:
Online Test - TCS National Qualifier Test (NQT)
NQT is a 90 minutes online test that checks your basic aptitude, english, programming and coding knowledge. The candidates who clear the online test are called for the interview rounds.
This interview revolves around your profile, stream/specializations and academic subjects. You are expected to have a good grasp on the fundamentals of your subjects. The interview panel also may give you a question to solve or a code to write. Additionally, you are required to know about the applications of your technical subjects.
In this round, you will come across general questions about your college, achievements, work experience, willingness to relocate, etc. There may be cross questions regarding the information you provide in your resume. In some cases, it can be a stress or pressure interview to assess your reactions and behavior.
This round is conducted to gauge your overall personality- your strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, career plans, family background etc. The panel may be present you with some situations/scenarios, and ask your opinion/solution for them.
It is advised to prepare well for each round so as to land in a good job profile.
Apply for TCS National Qualifier Test 2020
Registration for TCS NQT starts from 7th June, 2019. Other important dates are given below:
June 7, 2019
July 24, 2019
Issue of Hall Ticket
July 31, 2019
03rd & 04th August 2019
9th August 2019 Onwards
Following are the step-by-step guidelines for NQT registration:
- Visit the official TCS Careers page: careers.tcs.com
- Click on ‘Know more’ below ‘TCS NQT - Off Campus for 2019 YOP’.
- Now click on ‘Register Now’. You will be directed to nextstep.tcs.com.
- Click on ‘Register Now’ on this page and select ‘IT’ category.
- Fill the required details in the application form.
- After submission, you will receive your CT/DT Reference ID.
- Submit and go to ‘Application Form’ on the next page.
- ‘Start filling the form’ after reading the displayed instructions. ‘Save and Continue’ at each step till the final submission of application form.
- You will receive a confirmation email after the final submission.
Note: Only the eligible candidates who have applied before the deadline will receive their hall tickets. Candidates cannot appear in NQT without their hall tickets.
Prepare for TCS National Qualifier Test 2020
With less than two weeks for exam, it’s time to gear up and check your level of preparation with TCS NQT- 2019 Test Series
(Batch 2020) prepared by our expert faculty. Additionally, you will learn about essential interview tips and etiquettes.