Infosys was co-founded in 1981 by Narayan Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, S. Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora after their resignation from Patni Computer Systems.] The company was set up as "Infosys Consultants Pvt Ltd." with a capital of Rs. 10,000 (roughly $250) in Model Colony, Pune as its registered office. It signed its first client, Data Basics Corporation, in New York In 1983, the company's corporate headquarters was relocated from Pune to Bangalore. Infosys is right now the 3rd largest India-based IT services company going by the 2014 revenues, and the fifth largest employer of H-1B visa professionals in the United States in FY 2013.
It operates on the philosophy of Global growth with a conscience
- Electronics City, Bangalore City, Karnataka.
- Chairman- R Seshasayee
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Dr. Vishal Sikka
- Chief Operating Officer(COO) – Pravin Rao
- US $ 9.501 billion (2016)
Number of Employees:
- 2014199,289 employees(2016)
- In 2016, Infosys won Oracle Excellence Award
- Infosys has been the 15th largest IT services provider in the world as ranked by the HfS Research in its 2013 ranking
- Infosys was also the 19th company on the world's most innovative companies list by Forbes.
- Infosys was among the top twenty green companies in Newsweek's Green Rankings for 2013.
- Infosys has also been voted India's most admired company in The Wall Street Journal Asia 2013
- The Infosys Prize is an annual award given to scientists, researchers, engineers and social scientists in India.
- Infosys had acquired Australia-based provider Expert Information Services for $23 million, in December 2003.
- Infosys BPO acquired Atlanta-based McCamish Systems for about $38 million, in December 2003.
- Infosys BPO acquired Australia-based Portland Group for about AUD 37 million, in January 2012.
- In September 2012, Infosys acquired the Switzerland-based company, Lodestone Management Consultants for about $345 million.