Founded in 1847, Siemens AG is a German company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and one of the largest industries of manufacturing and electronics. The main sectors of the firm are Energy, Infrastructure & Cities, Industry and Healthcare. The company is the part of Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index. Siemens has a number of 22 factories across India and has 8 Centers of Competence and 11 centers of R&D. The products manufactured by the company are Steam Turbines, Motors and Generators, Relays and Smart Grids Systems, Transformers, Railway Bogies, and Remote Monitoring Systems (RMS). It provides services like business services, financing, construction and project engineering. The company basically works on the area like Metros, Airport links, Rail Services and Maintenance, Urban Traffic Signaling, and Integrated Mobility Platforms.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Berlin and Munich , Germany
- President and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) - Joe Kaeser
- Chairman of Supervisory board - Gerhard Cromme
- The entire logo represents the name of the company.
Total Number of Employees
- Siemens Healthcare, India was bestowed as an “Imaging Company of the Year” in 2014 at 6th Annual India Healthcare Excellence Awards which was held in Mumbai.
- The company got Rail Electrification by Delhi Metro Rail.
- An award of £ 3 billion train contract was achieved by Siemens of Germany in 2010.
- The “2010 Global Award” has been awarded to Siemens Audiology.
- The company got its biggest deal ever in UK - a £1 million order in 2001.
Siemens Preparations Links