State Bank of India (SBI) is a multinational banking and financial services company based in India. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. As of December 2013, it had assets of US$388 billion and 17,000 branches, including 190 foreign offices, making it the largest banking and financial services company in India by assets.
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates for the post of Special Cadre Officer. The selection process of the company consists of 2 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Candidate must refer to official notifications for age limits.
- Candidate should be a graduate.
Pattern of Written Exam:
SBI test Pattern break up is as following:
||Type of Exam
||No. of Questions
||Test of Reasoning
The total time allotted for the exam is 140 minutes. There is1/4th negative marking in the paper.
- General English section consists of questions from topics such as antonyms, synonyms, word formation, idioms and phrases and prepositions.
- Aptitude section covers topics such as simple and compound interest, banker’s discount , decimal fraction , profit and loss , pipes and cisterns, average , age problems and partnership.
- Verbal and Non verbal Reasoning section contains questions from topics such as puzzle, direction sense test and series completion.
- For Deputy Manager(Law): This section contains questions from topics such as Banking Regulated Laws, Banking Security Laws, Negotiable Instruments, Financial Analysis, Banking Operational Laws, Electronic Banking, Loans and Advances, Ethics and Corporate Governance in Banking and Compliance and Legal Aspects.
- For Assistant Manager(System): This section contains questions from topics such as Basic Programming Languages(C,C++,Java), DBMS, Computer Networks, Data Structures, Computer Organization, Digital Electronics, Web Technologies, Information Systems and Software Engineering etc.
Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.