The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), founded on June 16, 1911 by Charles Ranlett Flint, is an American global consulting and technology conglomerate. It builds and advertises computer hardware and software, and provides hosting, infrastructure, and consulting facilities in fields that range from nanotechnology to mainframe computers. Nicknamed Big Blue, IBM is one of the world’s largest employers with more than 350,000 employees. IBM inventions include automated teller machine, the hard disk, the floppy disk, the SQL programming language.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
Armonk, New York, U.S.
President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Ginni Rometty
IBM logo has white line passing through the name of the company. The white lines in the logo represent the equality
US$ 81.741 billion (2015)
Number of Employees:
- IBM listed as fastest growing vendor in gartner worldwide security software study, based on 2014 revenue.
- IBM and portico consultancy join to deliver new cloud-based software to create engaging customer experiences.
- £313 million boost for UK big data research.
- IBM acquires blue box to accelerate open hybrid clouds.
- OKorder.com manages millions of global transactions with IBM commerce.
- IBM-affiliated Brooklyn School Graduates Its first students ahead of schedule with both high school & college STEM degrees.
- Tata Sky turns to IBM to launch new mobile solutions that accelerate business growth.
- Doctor evidence brings valuable health data to IBM watson ecosystem.
- IBM mainframe leads in worldwide revenue share for $250K servers, growing 118 percent year-to-year.
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
E-Books & Assignments