Samsung is a South Korean multinational company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. Samsung comprises of numerous subsidiaries and affiliated businesses. Lee Byung-chul founded Samsung as a trading company in the year 1938. Till 1970’s Samsung expanded its area in food processing, textiles, insurance, securities, retail, electronics industry, construction and shipbuilding industries.
After Lee's death in 1987, Samsung was separated into four business groups – Samsung Group, Shinsegae Group, CJ Group and Hansol Group. Samsung has increasingly globalised its activities and electronics, particularly in mobile phones and semiconductors which led Samsung at front of technology industry. As of 2017, Samsung has the 6th highest global brand value. Samsung Galaxy series is one of the most popular product line offered by the company. The company has almost 4,00,000 employees globally.
Samsung industry affiliates and subsidiaries:
- Samsung Electronics: World's largest information technology company, consumer electronics maker and chipmaker measured by 2017 revenues.
- Samsung Heavy Industries: World's 2nd largest shipbuilder measured by 2010 revenues.
- Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T: Respectively the world's 13th and 36th largest construction companies.
- Samsung Life Insurance: World's 14th largest life insurance company.
- Samsung Everland: Operator of Everland Resort, the oldest theme park in South Korea.
- Cheil Worldwide: World's 15th largest advertising agency measured by 2012 revenues.
Key domain operational areas of Samsung:
- Research & Development
- Sales & Marketing
- General Management
- While working with Samsung you'll get an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies that push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Samsung creates creative and diversified work environment
- Samsung offers a work environment which is open and collaborative and also facilitates sharing of the unique knowledge and expertise that each individual brings.
- At Samsung, you'll get an opportunity to work with great people and most creative ideas.
- Innovations at Samsung, empowers and enables people in new ways where technology is deployed to contribute to growth and development in the communities around the world.
- Here at Samsung you'll get the opportunity to do truly meaningful work that has a positive impact in the world.
- Samsung is an amazing place to work with great people, an outstanding environment, extensive support for employees, and the opportunity to be a part of innovation that makes a real difference in the lives of millions of people worldwide.
- For more information, visit at https://www.samsung.com/in/aboutsamsung/careers/careers-center/
SAMSUNG Preparations Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments