Google is an American multinational technology company providing world’s top search engine along with Internet-related services and product, which includes online advertising technologies, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998. Google was incorporated as a privately held company on 4th September, 1998. Google released its IPO on August 19, 2004 and shifted its headquarters to California. Google is Alphabet's leading subsidiary and will continue to be the umbrella company for Alphabet's Internet interests. Sundar Pichai replaced Larry Page as the CEO of Google.
Products and services by Google:
- An internet search engine
- Web email
- A news aggregator
- Calendar software
- A suite of productivity applications, including spreadsheet, word processing, and photo-editing software
- Cloud storage for consumers
- Cloud storage for businesses
- Clod computing for businesses
- A website for watching internet videos
- A web browser
- A Smartphone/tablet operating system
- A thermostat
- Unknown life extending technologies
- Computerized contact lenses
- Robot Assistants
- Self driving cars
- A spoon designed to make life easier for people with disease such as Parkinson's
- A home video monitoring system
- High speed Internet service
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- A dongle that puts Internet video on your TV
- Balloons that broadcasts Internet signal
- Drones that deliver goods to homes
- Computers you wear like glasses
- Airborne wind turbines
- A digital collection of all the world's books
- A map of the world
- A collection of Photographs of every street in the world
- A social network
- Software for creating and maintaining blogs
- An video rental store
- An online software store
- A live updating database of equities and financial news
- A service that allows you to pay for things with your phone
- A language translation service
- A phone number replacement service
- Video-conferencing software
Glassdoor’s annual list of the best 50 places as well as Fortune magazine's annual list of the 100 best companies to work shows Google at the top, for multiple years. It is just because of the facilities provided by Google such as best perks, opportunities for career growth, work that positively impacts the human race and innovative culture etc. Following points shows the opportunities while working with Google.
- Google has everything that an employee would expect from one of the largest companies in the world in terms of market capitalization:
- Google provides bicycles and electric cars to get staff to meetings, gaming centers, organic gardens and eco-friendly furnishings.
- Working with Google will make your life easier because it's constantly searching for ways to improve the social, physical and mental well-being while boosting morale of its Googlers.
- Google offers on-site physicians, nurses, medical services and health care coverage to keep its employees happy and healthy.
- Google covers its employees with under various insurance plans such as health & travel insurance and emergency assistance on both personal and work-related vacations.
- Google also provides some of the best paid parental leave for new parents. Google cares so much about new parents that it offers parents one-on-one consultations to figure out their scheduling for daycare options.
- Google even offers death benefits to deceased employees' families. If a Google employee passes away, his or her spouse receives a cheque for 50% of the employee's salary every year for 10 years. In addition, surviving spouses see all of the deceased employee's stock option immediately. Children of a deceased employee receive $1,000 per month from Google until they reach the age of 19 – or 23, if they are full-time students.
- Google also provides a Global Education Leave program through which employees could avail leave for pursuing further education. The whole program is covered by Google.
- Google being one of the most well-known technology companies in the world offers its employees one of the best job prospects with growth within the company.
- While working with Google, you can contribute to the worldwide population and can positively impact society with the applications and technology they are working on, which would surely benefit the human race.
- A career in Google will give you an opportunity to work with one of the best and intelligent thinkers in the field and thus allowing creative work environment, collaboration and disruptive innovation.
- Google offers its employees one of the most innovative work environment cultures.
- For more information, visit at https://careers.google.com/
Google Preparations Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
E-Books & Assignments