Tata Steel Limited, founded in 1907 by Dorabji Tata and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India is a subsidiary of Tata Group. With an annual crude steel capacity of 25.3 million tones, Tata Steel was ranked 11th largest steel company in the world in 2013. It is ranked as the second largest steel company in India (measured by domestic production) with an annual capacity of 9.7 million tonnes after SAIL.
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Chairman — Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
- Managing Director – T.V. Narendran
- The logo of Tata Group is said to be a fountain of knowledge or a tree of trust. Although some believe it to be just a letter ‘T’. The entire logo is used to convey the meaning intended i.e the name of the company Tata Steel.
- INR 135,278 crore or US$ 20 billion (2015)
Number of employees:
- Ethisphere Institute awarded Tata Steel the ‘2015 World’s Most Ethical Company’ award under the Metals category. Tata Steel won this award third time.
- In 2014, Tata Steel was ranked 486th in Fortune Global 500 ranking of World’s biggest corporations.
- Tata Steel was ranked India’s 7th most admired company by Fortune Magazine in 2013.
- In 2010-11 the Ministry of Steel awarded Tata Steel the Prime Minister’s trophy for the 8th time for ‘Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant’.
- Tata Steel became the first integrated steel company in the world to be awarded the Deming Grand Prize in 2012.
Tata Steel Preparations Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
E-Books & Assignments