About HCL Technologies:
HCL Technologies is an IT service provider and works in the domain of software development. It was founded in 1976 and headquartered in Noida, India. The main services provided by the company are: R&D and Technology services, BPO Services, IT Hardware, Enterprise & Applications Consulting, Remote Infrastructure Management, etc. The HCL Test-Pattern and Selection-Procedure is as follows:
Complete Test Series for HCL
Bag your Dream Job Today Comprehensive Online TestsExtensive Bank of 250+ QuestionsAcquire Essential Domain Skills
HCL Selection Process:
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. HCL Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Stages of selection process to get recruited in HCL Technologies:
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion
- HCL Interview Process
- Candidate must be a B.Tech (C.S / I.T/E.C.E).
- 65 percent in Class X, XII and Graduation.
- Education gap of not more than one year.
|Testing Areas||Number of Questions|
- The total time allotted to the written exam is 60 minutes. There is no negative marking in the exam.
- This test pattern is for CTC between 2.5 LPA to 3.5 LPA
- Verbal section consists of questions based on Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Synonyms, Antonym, Spellings, and Idioms etc.
- Reasoning section checks the analytical and reasoning skills of the candidates. It consists of questions on Visual Reasoning, Statement & Conclusions, Relationships, Data sufficiency, Coding-decoding, Series, Odd one out, Analogies, puzzles etc.
- Quantitative Ability section consists of questions based on topics such as algebra, time & work, time, speed & distance, arithmetic, percentages, profit & loss, geometry, etc. In general, the section difficulty level varies from easy to moderate. Since the section has a high number of questions, a candidate needs to solve questions rather quickly and speed is of the essence here.
- Technical Ability section involves questions from programming & algorithm development concepts. This section covered topics such as structure & constructs of Computer Programs, Data structures & Basic algorithms and Object Oriented Programming concepts. This section requires thorough preparation and a candidate with conceptual clarity and strong knowledge of the fundamentals would excel.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
HCL Group Discussion
GD sessions include simple questions and industry related topics. You need to think for 5 minutes about the topic and then discuss it. The topics are general and don’t need specific preparation. Nearly 50% of the candidates will be shortlisted here so you have to take chances to express your opinion.
HCL Interview Process
HCL Interview process consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.
Dell Preparation Links
HCL Technologies Preparation Links