DE Shaw group founded in 1988 is a global investment and technology development firm. The group has earned an international recognition for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality of the staff. In India also DE Shaw group has a firm by the name of DE Shaw India Private Limited. The recruitment in DE Shaw is done for many posts.
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in DE-Shaw:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview-1
- Technical Interview-2
- HR Interview
- Applicant should be an engineering graduate from IT/CSE/ECE or should be MCA or M.Tech
- Candidates should have minimum of 65% throughout in graduation, 12th and 10th.
- No backlogs are allowed.
||No. of Questions
- Time allotted for the written exam is 90 minutes.
- Coding paper consists of one on Dynamic Programming problem and other on Binary Tree Transversal which have to solve in just 50 minutes
- Aptitude Test consists of questions on Quant, Logical Reasoning, and English. Logical Reasoning questions are basically on coding-decoding, series, puzzles, etc. English questions are based on Comprehension; fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, etc. Quant questions are based on speed distance time, time & work, profit loss, ratios, etc.
- Technical paper consists of questions on core subjects on C, C++, OS, Networking, Database, and Data Structure. etc.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to tough. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Technical Interview I & II:
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Clearing DE-Shaw selection Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam
DE Shaw Preparation Links