Cairn India is one of the wide ranging industries of oil & energy exploration and production founded in 2007. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon (NCR), India. It is a part of Vedanta Resources. In the financial year 2015- 16, the company works 27 %( approx.) of India's residential crude oil production. The major producing assets of the company are in Rajasthan, Ravva and Cambay.
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in Cairn:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Candidate must be B.Tech (Oil & petroleum, Chemical engineering, Industrial engineering)
- 60 percent in Class X, XII and Graduation
|Section||Number of Questions||Time allotted (in mins)|
- Aptitude section checks the reasoning skills of the candidates. The section consists of data interpretation and logical reasoning questions. Questions are based on topics such as puzzles, graphs, charts, tables, etc. This section also consists of questions related to antonyms, synonyms, reading comprehensions, etc.
- Technical section checks the technical skills of the candidates related to their disciples
- Overall the level of exam is moderate to difficult.
- Only those candidates who clear the written exam qualify for the next round
Technical & HR Interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Clearing Cairn Selection Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments