Syntel was founded in Troy, Michigan in 1980 by Bharat Desai, and his wife, Neerja Sethi. It is U.S. based MNC provider of technology and Solutions. Syntel services its clients through 17 global development centers in India and the United States. When Syntel started to grow during the early years its leadership started to explore additional services offered to augment the core IT staffing business. In 1989, Syntel began providing development and maintenance services to its clients throughout the World. In 1992, with new development centers in India, Syntel began software outsourcing services with an onsite-offshore model, connecting software developers in India to project managers at client locations via an international telecommunications network.
- Bharat Desai(Chairman)
- Rakesh Khanna (CEO and President)
- Prashant Ranade
- Total revenue for Syntel in the fiscal year 2015 was $968.6 million.
Total Number of Employees
- The total number of employees at Syntel was around 23,055.
- Detroit Business declared Syntel as one of the Fastest Growing Companies.
- It was also among the top 10 India-based IT services provider Top 10 India-Based IT Services Providers
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals also listed Syntel amongst"The Global Outsourcing 100"
- Syntel also Ranked among the top performing 344 public companies by Harvard Business Review
- Syntel was also among the Forbes "200 Best Small Companies in America" for the years 2012,2011,2009,2008,2004,2003, 2002,2001,1998
- In the 10th Annual Asian Six Sigma and Lean Process Improvement Summit in the year 2009"Best Innovative Lean Project" award.
Syntel Preparations Links