Cisco Systems Inc., founded in 1984 by Leonard Bosack, Sandy Lerner & Richard Troiano, is an American multinational company that operates in the Networking industry. It is involved in the design, production and selling of networking equipment. The companies traded on most of the popular stock exchanges. Cisco helps companies realise that incredible things can occur if they connect the earlier unconnected. Cisco is committed to creating long-lasting relations with customers and actively works with them to ascertain their requirements and furnish answers to support their success.
- San Jose, California, U.S
- Executive Chairman — John Chambers
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Chuck Robbins
- The company's logo consists of the word ‘cisco’ and some vertical lines. 'Cisco' comes from the city name, San Francisco. The lines in the logo represent the two towers of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Number of Employees:
- Cisco SMB Networking Hardware ranked no. 1 in post-sales support by CRN magazine readers.
- Cisco identified by J.D. Power and Associates for delivering "An Outstanding Customer Service Experience".
- Cisco is the only company to have achieved CTSS certification six times.
- Named to the ASP Web Support Hall of Fame. Recognised as one of the Ten Best Web Support Sites in 1998, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Bagged the Excellence in Online Support for the year 2011 and 2012.
- Awarded Excellence in Service Delivery Optimization for the year 2011 and 2012.
- Cisco excelled in leveraging 3rd party providers for delivering service and support. Awarded the Excellence in Partner Management 2011.
- Cisco Support Community recognised for innovation in community support. Received the Excellence in Innovative Support award in 2011.
- Cisco Support Community was recognised in 2011 with an award for "Innovative Business-to-Business Support" for innovation using social media and mobile technology.