CGI was founded by Serge Godin in June 1976 in Quebec City, Canada. In 2004 CGI purchased the majority of American Management Systems (AMS), acquiring the commercial business and all government business not related to national defense. CGI is one of four primary Recovery Audit Contractors, established by the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006, responsible for auditing region B. Since 2009, a subsidiary of CGI Group, CGI Federal, has been awarded over $1.4 billion in U.S. federal contracts, including an over $90 million contract by the United States Department of Health and Human Services for establishment of what would become the software back-end of the federal health insurance marketplace website. Approximately a quarter of its $1.3 billion revenue in the 2012-2013 fiscal year came from the US Federal Government.
- E-Commerce Place, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Executive Chairman - Serge Godin
- Vice Chairman - Julie Godin
- President and CEO - George D. Schindler
- The logo is simply the three initials set in what looks like Gill Sans. It lives in a fresh and clean graphical environment of the kind we expect from IT consultancies.
Number of employees:
- CGI awarded Top Employers 2015 certification within The Netherlands.
- CGI wins 2014 Microsoft Intelligent Systems Partner of the Year.
- CGI awarded Top Employers Europe 2014 certification and Top Employers 2014 certification within UK, Belgium, Germany, Finland and France.
- CGI and client Pro Rail received the SAP-Microsoft Unite Partner Connection Innovation Award on June 4, 2014 during the SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2014 conference.
- CGI receives the Center for Digital Government “Best Fit Integrator” Performance and Modernization Award for work on the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) program.
- CGI is identified as a ‘Leader’ in the IDC Market Scape Worldwide IT Professional Services for Utility Smart Grid 2014 Vendor Assessment.
- CGI included within Top 25 Enterprise companies in IDC Financial Insights Fine Tech rankings.
- CGI ranked 1st in Branham 300 - Top 25 Canadian IT Professional Services Companies.