CGI was founded by Serge Godin in 1976 in Quebec City, Canada. With 31000 professionals in 125 offices worldwide, it provides an end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitates the ongoing evolution of the client's business.
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in CGI:
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview 1
- Technical Interview 2
- HR Interview
- Minimum 60% in class X and XII and 65 percent throughout Graduation.
- No backlogs should be there at the time of applying.
The recruitment test is conducted by AMCAT. CGI Test Pattern contains the following sections:
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||22|
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Aptitude section consists of questions based on probability , Age , Average , Heights and Distances , Pipes and Cisterns , Speed problems , coding - decoding and work and time.
- Verbal section consists of questions from topics such as prepositions, synonyms, antonyms and grammar.
- Logical Reasoning sections contain questions from topics such as Age problems, seating arrangement, Series Completion and Blood Relation.
- Overall the level of the paper is of easy to moderate level.
GD sessions include simple questions and industry related topics. You need to think for 5 minutes about the topic and then discuss it. The topics are general and don’t need specific preparation. Nearly 50% of the candidates will be shortlisted here so you have to take chances to express your opinion.
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Clearing CGI Selection Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments