Established in 2010, Paytm (Pay through mobile) is a largest platform of mobile payments and e-commerce in India. One 97 Communications is its parent organization. The company started its business with online bill payments and prepaid mobile recharge but nowadays it becomes a marketplace for customers. The company provides products similar to Flipkart, Myntra, Amazon, Voonik, Snapdeal.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
In 2014, the organization launched a Paytm Wallet that became the mobile payment service platform in India. In November 2016, there are more than 150 million users who are using this service. The Paytm wallet becomes a boon at the time of demonetization where a large number of users used this feature. In 2015, Paytm expanded its business by adding some new features like air, taxis and bus tickets booking and also booking of movie tickets. In a very short time period, there are 164 million registered users and more than 90 million monthly transactions.
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Chief Executive Officer – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- The logo of the firm contains the name of the company in two shades of blue color.
- Undisclosed by the company
Total Number of Employees
- The CEO, Vijay Shekhar Sharma of the company has won the Impact Person of the Year Award 2016.
- The company won the FT Future of Fintech Award in 2016.
- In 2015, Paytm got the Best Digital Wallet Award at IAMAI India Digital Award in Delhi.
- Paytm was the winner of Indian Express IT Award in 2014.
- The company was the Gold Winner at the MMA Smarties under the category of Mobile App in 2014.
- Paytm was recognized by Knowledge Fabre Best Mobile Wallet Program Award in 2013.
- In 2012, the company was awarded with Most Innovative Startup of the Year Award by Franchise India.