Expedia Inc. is an American online company which deals with many global travel brands like Expedia.com, Hotels .com, Trivago , Hotwire .com, Venere.com, HomeAway , Travelocity and Orbitz. The company also operates travel booking with more than 10,000 partners such as airlines, hotels and consumer brands.
The name of the company “Expedia” actually derives from the words “exploration and speed”. Expedia is the most admirable internet firm in the United States according to Fortune. Also, it was ranked third after IAC and Google and Amazon.com at fourth place.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Bellevue, Washington, U.S.
- Chairman - Barry Diller
- Chief Executive Officer - Dara Khosrowshahi
- Their logo represents the name of the company
- US $ 5.763 billion (2014)
Total Number of Employees
- More than 18,000 employees (2014)
- Expedia has been awarded with 2016 Webby Awards for best travel app by People’s Voice.
- The company has awarded with Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards 2016 for one of the best place to work
- Business Insider ranked Expedia no. 7 in Top 14 Best Tech Companies to Work for In America.
- Expedia was ranked 5th for the Internet Services & Retailing Company according to Fortune’s Most Admired Companies in 2015.
- The company won the Consumer Award in Seattle Business Magazine’s 2015.
- Expedia was listed second time for Best Large Business and Office Space by 425 Magazine in 2014.
Expedia Preparations Links