Formed in 1945, Wipro Limited is a global IT services, outsourcing and consulting firm based in India and is world’s 7th largest IT firm. It emerged under the dynamic leadership of Mr. Mohamed Premji and was named ‘Western India Vegetable Products Limited’ as it initially was a manufacturer of oils and vegetables. That's the reason the company logo has a sunflower in corporated in it. The company is listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and is also among India’s biggest publicly traded companies. Wipro is the first company in the world to be assessed at PCMM Level in 2001. Wipro’s cut-through-operations focus on cognitive systems, smart devices, next gen applications, man machine interfaces, etc. Wipro also has a good record in Sustainability Practices.
- Chief Executing Officer (CEO) - Mr. T K Kurien
- Founder - Mohamed Premji
- Chairman - Azim Premji
- The logo contains a sunflower reflective of their earlier manufacturing focus. Below it is their slogan 'Applying Thought' which represents the company's focus to improve IT services through smart leadership.
Number of Employees:
- 173,863 employees June 2016.
- ‘NASSCOM Corporate Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion 2014’, recognised for outstanding work in the Persons with Disability (PwD) category
- Wipro was ranked 8th in the Best Companies for Leaders 2015 list in a study conducted by Chally Group in partnership with Chief Executive magazine
- Selected as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), World member for the 5th consecutive year and recognized as the Global Sector Leader for the Software & Service Industry.
- Golden Peacock Award 2014, in the category of ‘Innovative Product / Service’ for Wipro’s Assure Health™ solution
- Global Telecoms Business recognizes Nokia Siemens Networks and Wipro with the ‘Wholesale Service Innovation Award 2013’ for their unique IT R&D Partnership Project.
- Gold award at ITSMA, 2013 under the category ‘Marketing with Social & Digital Media’
- Wipro ranked #1 in India 2012 ranking of Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI).
- Ranked Thought Leadership “Best-In-Class” in the CEB TowerGroup Outsourcing Technology Analysis Report 2012.