Essar is a multinational contruction, manufacturing, retails and sales company founded by Mr.Shashi Ruia & Ravi Ruia in 1969.
The comapny has offices on over 29 countries with endowments in the sectors of Steel, Energy and Infrastructure. The Construction of outer breakwater in Chennai port marked the beginning of its operations. Essar entered the Steel production sector in 1990s and set up an iron plant in Gujrat. WIth time Essar diversified its shipping fleet, and started oil & gas exploration and production. Also Essar Steel is among the largest market players in the export of flat steel in India and abroad.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Shashi Ruia (Chairman)
- Ravi Ruia (Vice-Chairman)
- Prashant Ruia (CEO)
- The logo of the company is the name of the company itself.
Total Number of Employees
- Over 60,000 employees (2015)
- Greentech Environment Silver Award
- Essar Projects – Hydrocarbons, Abu Dhabi, recognized for outperforming other contractors in HSE standards
- The Hydrocarbons Strategic Business Unit (SBU) won the award for the best Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Essar Projects M & M - British Safety Council awards for EPL projects in Odisha
- Offshore Services of the year 2013at at Asia Oil and Gas Summit, Bangkok, November 2013
- AEPC World – EPC Company of the Year 2013
- EPC Company of the Year 2012 – EPC World