Essar is a core company that has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The company generally works in the sectors like power, communication, energy, steel, shipping ports, logistics & construction.
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in Essar:
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- CGPA should be greater than 6.0.
- No backlogs at the time of applying for placement.
- Maximum gap of one year is allowed in Academics.
||No. of Questions
- The total time allotted to the written exam is 90 minutes.
- Mechanical Comprehension section is generally figurative in nature.
- Technical section involves questions from core subjects of mechanical, electronic, electrical and civil. This section was tough and required thorough preparation. A person whose basics are clear could easily excel in this section.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
GD sessions include simple questions and industry related topics. You need to think for 5 minutes about the topic and then discuss it. The topics are general and don’t need specific preparation. Nearly 50% of the candidates will be shortlisted here so you have to take chances to express your opinion.
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Clearing DE-Shaw selection Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam