BHEL, power plant equipment’s manufacturer with operations in engineering and manufacturing was established in 1964 by the Govt. of India. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), has been earning profits continuously since 1971-72 and paying dividends uninterruptedly since 1976-77.
BHEL has diversified its product base over decades and today caters to the needs of almost all the key sectors of the Indian economy.In addition to the power generation equipment, BHEL products cater to a wide spectrum of customers encompassing various fields of operation like, and production, steel and metals, cement ,sugar and paper plants, Refineries, Oil Exploration ,transportation and non–conventional energy sources ,Fertilizers and Petrochemicals etc. It has developed the capability to produce a variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment’s for all sectors, including transmission, transportation, oil and gas and other allied industries.
BHEL has manufactured products in more than 25 major product groups which are meant to cater the needs of the core sectors of the Indian economy as mentioned above.BHEL has acquired certifications to quality management systems (ISO 9001:2008), environmental engagement systems (ISO 14001:2007) and occupational health & safety management systems (OHSAS 18001:2004) and has also progressed significantly in its journey towards Total Quality Management.BHEL's wide network consists of numerous manufacturing divisions, over one hundred project sites, power sector centres and high number of regional offices has enabled the company to promptly serve its customers and provide them with suitable products, systems and services at competitive prices with absolute efficiency
BHEL has developed its R&D centres throughout the country and its vast decades of experience now holds synonymous to a “symbol of efficiency and reliability” in the industry.
- Atul Sobti (Chairman and Managing Director)
- The company logo "BHEL" is an acronym of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited. The mission statement of BHEL is "Providing Sustainable Business solutions in the fields of Energy, Industry & Infrastructure", which proves that it has ingrained the concept of sustainability in its DNA as it celebrated it's "50 Years of Excellence" in 2014.
Number of Employees:
- BHEL has received India Pride Award 2015-16 for its excellence in Heavy industries.
- BHEL is the seventh largest power equipment industry.
- The industry has received an appreciation shield from the External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj and the Union Minister of Water Resources, Uma Bharati in June 2016.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has been ranked the Ninth Most Innovative Company in the world by the renowned US business magazine Forbes in 2011.
- BHEL won MoU Excellence Award for the highest growth rate in Market Capitalization in 2007.
- BHEL bagged EEPC’s Top Export Award for the 20th consecutive time.
- BHEL has won the ICWAI National Awards for Excellence in Cost Management for the sixth consecutive time with the maximum number of awards conferred on BHEL among numerous public and private sector companies.
- BHEL won the Golden Peacock Award 2011- Occupational Health and Safety.