Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) that comes under Government of India. It has also earned the status of Maharatna. It was established in 1973 in New Delhi, India. It is a state owned fully integrated iron & steel maker, producing both basic & special sheets of steels for domestic construction, railway, and automotive, power, engineering and defence industries and for sale in export markets.
SAIL is India’s largest steel producer with an annual turnover of Rs 49,180 cr. in FY 2016-17 by using around 15 MT of hot metal production & 14 MT of Crude steel. SAIL is one of the eight Maharatna’s in India. SAIL owns 5 integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Durgapur, Rourkela, Bokaro & Burnpur combined with three special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravati. It also possesses separate units for Research & Development, Engineering & Technology, Consultancy, Environment Management, Coal Supply , Logistics & Management Training.
As of 1st Sep, 2018 SAIL has 74,719 employees. SAIL is the largest steel producer in India and one of the largest steel producers in the world,with an annual production of 14.38 million metric tons. SAIL operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Rourkela, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur(Asansol) and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravathi. It also owns a Ferro Alloy plant at Chandrapur. As a part of its global ambition, the company is undergoing a massive expansion and modernisation programme involving upgrading and building new facilities with an emphasis on state of the art green technology.
- Exciting career opportunities
- Higher avenues of Growth and development
- Equal opportunities for all
- Healthy work-life balance
- Make your lives better both professionally and personally
- SAIL provides you great opportunity to learn while working hard
- Working with SAIL provides a great experience, but the nature of jobs is highly demanding
- You will get a chance to become a part of a big community and will get time to reflect your ideas
- SAIL also provides health care benefits to its employees
- Saving plans, as well as employee stock insurance plans, make employees future safe and secure
- For more information, visit https://sailcareers.com/job-openings/
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments