Ashok Leyland, established in 1948 by Raghunandan Saran, is an Indian automobile manufacturing organization. It is the largest supplier of logistics vehicles to the Indian Army. It is the 2nd largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world and 16th largest manufacturer of trucks globally. It also manufactures spare parts and engines for marine and industrial applications. It has a footprint that expands over 50 countries. Ashok Leyland also has partnerships with armed forces across the globe. They have 8 manufacturing plants spread across the globe with headquarters in Chennai, India. They also have partnerships with known automobile corporations such as Nissan Motor Company, John Deere, Continental AG, Alteams Group.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Vinod K. Dasari.
- Chairman – Dheeraj Hinduja
- The word ‘Ashok’ in the company’s logo is taken from the name of the company’s Raghunandan Saran’s son, and expresses happiness. The word ‘Leyland’ signals the company’s international as-pect, while the first part, so distinctly Indian, emphasizes the corporation's products and operations in the Indian background.
Number of Employees:
- Launched two new Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) — PARTNER truck, India’s 1st air-conditioned LCV goods vehicle and MiTR bus, a LCV bus with best-in-class comfort.
- Launched BOSS, an intermediate commercial vehicle (ICV), that seamlessly integrates the toughness and durability of a truck with the luxury of a car.
- Launched STILE, a modern Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) based on a present-day, award-winning vehicle platform.
- Ashok Leyland pushes in small commercial vehicle segment; inaugurates ‘DOST’ in JV with Nissan Motor.
- Ashok Leyland and Bank of Baroda signed a MoU wherein Bank of Baroda will supply Ashok Leyland’s end-customers as well as endow its dealers’ inventory.
- The company signed a contract for a joint venture with John Deere, for manufacturing and marketing of construction equipment.