Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) was founded in 1966 by Mr. Dhirubhai Ambani by the name Reliance Textiles Industries Pvt. Ltd. and later in 1973 it was merged with the company Mynylon Limited. The joint venture was renamed as Reliance Textile Industries Limited (RTIL) and again renamed Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) in 1985. RIL works in the following industry sectors: exploration and production, refining and marketing, telecommunications, retail, petrochemicals, and telecommunications. RIL is the 2nd largest publicly traded company in India. The company's vision is to create value for the nation, enhance quality of life across the entire socio-economic spectrum and help spearhead India as a global leader in the domains where they operate, through sustainable measures. Corporate governance is one of the strong fundamentals of the company. RIL has a large number of subsidiaries such as Reliance Retail, Reliance Life Sciences, Reliance Logistics, Reliance Jio Infocomm, among others.
- Chief Executiveng Officer (CEO) & Managing Director (MD)- Mr. Mukesh Ambani
- The logo contains 'Reliance Industries'
Total Number of Employees
- 23,500 + employees as of 2016.
- International Refiner of the Year in 2013 at the HART Energy’s 27th World Refining & Fuel Conference.
- 7th most trusted brand in India in 2013 and 9th in 2014 by the Brand Trust Report
- RIL was certified as 'Responsible Care Company' by the American Chemistry Council in March, 2012.
- 'Dwight D Eisenhower Global Leadership Award' at the Business Council for International Understanding's Annual Global Awards Gala in 2010.
- Reliance Footprint received the Retailer of the Year Award in the Non Apparel and Footwear category at Asia Retail Congress 2010.
- RIL is ranked 68th in 2010, in the Financial Times' FT Global 500 list of the world's largest companies
- RIL has been ranked at 20th position in the ICIS Top 100 Chemicals Companies list , on the basis of sales.
- Barabanki Manufacturing Division received '5 Star Rating on BSC Environment' from British Safety Council in 2010.
- Exploration & Production division received the Petrotech-2010 Special Technical Award in the 'Project Management' category
Reliance Preparations Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments