HPCL was established in 1974 and has its headquarters in Mumbai. It is a state owned natural gas and oil company with a Navratna status. The President owns 51.11% shares in the company.
HPCL dominates the Lube Oil production with 40% of the total lube oil production in the country producing over 300+ kinds of Lube Oils . Oils. Over the years HPCL has been growing, with its refining capacity increasing from 5.5 million metric tonnes in 1985 to 14.80 million metric tonnes in 2013. It has two major refineries which produce petroleum fuels and specialitiesspecialties, one is in Mumbai and the other one is in Vishakapatnam.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
HPCL has a huge marketing network which consists of 13 zonal offices in major cities along with 101 regional offices. HPCL has an annual sales/income from operations of (US$ 38.75 Billions) during FY 2013-14, having about 20% Marketing share in India among PSUs and a strong market infrastructure.
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Chairman & MD -– Mr M. K Suranra
- It stands for Hindustan Petroleum. Their slogan is “Future full of energy.”
- US$ 37.8532 billion (2015)
Total Number of Employees
- HPCL is a Fortune Global 500 company as per the ranking of 2013 and was ranked at position 260.
- HPCL was featured on the Forbes Global 2000 list for 2013 at position 1217.
- It is 10th most valuable brand in India according to an annual survey conducted by Brand Finance and The Economic Times in 2010.
- HPCL was awarded NDTVwith NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award.
- Reader’s Digest honored HPCL with ‘Trusted Brand Asia Platinum’ Award.
- HPCL was honored with Golden Peacock Corporate Governance Award 2008.
- The company received National Award For Excellence In Cost Management.
- HPCL was honored with Best HR Practices in ‘People Management’.