Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)is an Indian state-owned oil and natural gas company with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra and with Navratna status. HPCL has been ranked 260th in the Fortune Global 500 rankings of the world's biggest corporations (2013) and 4th among India's Companies for the year 2012. HPCL has about 20% marketing share in India among PSUs and a strong marketing infrastructure. The President of India owns 51.11% shares in HPCL.functions mainly in consulting, product engineering, infrastructure managed services, and remote infrastructure management. The HPCL selection procedure for fresh graduates involves three rounds. The HPCL Test-Pattern and Selection Procedure is as follows:
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates. It also selects candidates through GATE exam. The selection process of the company consists of 3 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Written Exam/GATE
- Group Discussion
- HR cum Technical Interview
- 60 percent or above in B.Tech, Class X and XII.
- Gap of upto one year is allowed.
Pattern of Written Exam:
The HPCL written test pattern is categories as following:
|Testing Areas||No. of questions|
The total time allotted to the written exam is 180 minutes. There is 1/3rd negative marking. Although, there is no negative marking in case of Numerical Ability Question.
- Aptitudesection consists of questions based on data interpretation, graphs, blood relations, statement reasoning, etc. Also, There are questions from basic mathematics like time, speed & distance, algebra, arithmetic, probability, geometry, permutation & combination, etc. Further, there are questions from English language like grammar usage, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Technical section consists of questions from subjects of engineering. Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments