Makemytrip is an Indian company of online travel and was founded by alumnus of Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad, Deep Kalra in 2000.The company provides services related to online travel booking and travel services such as domestic and international holiday packages and booking of buses, rails and flight tickets as well as hotel reservations. It also provides the facility of foreign currency notes, forex travel cards and demand drafts. The company has been perceived as one of India's best travel entrances. Make my trip has 65 retail stores in different 50 cities in India and in New York City and Sydney. The company has 25% share in the market of online hotel booking. In 2011, the company created many travel apps for all types of operating systems. Also, the company has acquired three companies in 2011 named as My Guest House Accommodation (New Delhi, India), Le Travenues Technology Private Limited (Gurgaon, India) and Luxury Tours and Travel Private Limited (Singapore).
- Founder, Chairman and Group CEO – Deep Kalra
- Co- founder and CEO – Rajesh Magow
- Chief Operating Officer - Mohit Gupta
- The logo of the company represents the name of the company in the red font. A highlighted word 'my' in yellow color indicates that the company focuses on the customer’s wishes and provides them the best services.
- US$ 255.37 million(2013-2014)
Total Number of Employees
- 1712 employees (March 2014)
- In 2015, the company has honored with Most Favorite Online Tour Operator Award.
- In 2015, the company has won Most Favored Travel App Category.
- In 2014- 2013, the company awarded as the Best Travel Portal in India with World Travel Award.
- Make my trip.com has honored with the Best Website of the Year in 2013.
- The company has recognized with the e-retailer of the year with the Star Retailer Awards in 2013.
- For successive two years, the company has awarded with Lonely Planet Travel Award in 2013.
makemytrip Preparations Links