Cummins Inc. is one of the major manufacturing industries of diesel and natural gas engines. The company also services engines and related technologies such as fuel systems, filtration and electrical power systems. It is headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (US). The Company is working in major four business sectors - Component Business, Power Generation, Engine Business and Distributor.
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in Cordys:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Candidate must be a B.Tech(mechanical , civil, oil and petroleum)
- 60 percent throughout (Class X, XII and Graduation).
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time Limit|
- Time allotted for the written exam is 60 minutes.
- There is 0.25 negative marking in the paper.
- Aptitude section consists of Quantitative, verbal and logical reasoning questions
- Logical Reasoning section consists of Analogy, Syllogisms, Symboperations, Blood relations, Directions, etc.
- Quantitative section consists of Time and Distance, Number Systems, Probability, etc.
- Verbal Ability section consists of fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension passages, etc.
- Technical section questions were spread across all areas of mechanical engineering like thermodynamics, machine dynamics, pulleys, heat transfer, etc.
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam
Cummins Preparation Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments