Cummins Inc. is one of the Fortune 500 companies which designs, manufactures and services related to diesel and other fuel engines. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, United States, the company has sold their products in more than 190 countries. Today, Cummins serves customers across the world in the fields of engines, power generations and distribution.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
Cummins works in four different but compulsory sectors. These sectors are The Engine Segments, The Power Systems Segments, The Component Segments and The Distribution Segments. The Component Segments are further divided into four segments and these are Cummins Filtration, Cummins Turbo Technologies, Cummins Fuel Systems and Cummins Emission Solutions.
Founded in 1919 by an Indiana mechanic, Clessie Lyle Cummins made his first steam engine at the age of eleven. In the 1960s, Cummins opened its branch in Scotland. By the end of 2013, the company had covered 197 countries and territories.
- Columbia, Indiana, Unites States
- Founder – Clessie Lyle Cummins
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) - Tom Linebarger
- President and Chief Operating Officer(COO) - Rich Freeland
- The name of the company is written in red color in the logo inside its initial letter “C” with red background.
Total Number of Employees
- In 2015, Cummins ranked 21 in Top 25 Employers in America in Forbes magazine list for 10th consecutive years.
- In 2014, Cummins was awarded by Human Rights Campaign in the 2015 Corporate Equality Index.
- In 2014, the company has received the Rabb Emison Organization Award for Diversity/Equality.
- The company was named in Top 50 Companies for Diversity for the ninth consecutive year in 2015.
Cummins Preparations Links