Cognizant Technology Solutions, founded on January 26, 1994 by Kumar Mahadeva & Francisco D'Souza, is an American multinational IT services provider. It also provides consulting and business process outsourcing (BPO) services. In the course of dot com boom, it flourished by receiving the application maintenance work that the big corporations were reluctant to carry out. Gradually, it moved into application development, complex systems integration and consulting work. Cognizant grew rapidly during the 2000s and became a Fortune 500 company in 2011. It is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is positioned among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
- Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
- Chairman — John E. Klein
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Francisco D’Souza
- Cognizant’s logo consists of two C’s - one vertical and one horizontal. The vertical C in the logo symbolises the equality of its employees while the horizontal C signifies the corporation’s commitment to its customers.
- US$ 12.416 billion (2015)
Number of Employees:
- Cognizant recognised as a Top Provider in the Outsourcing and Consulting categories besides being named as a Customer Satisfaction Leader by CGT.
- Ovum Decision Matrix recognised Cognizant as "Market Leader" in Outsourcing Testing Service Providers.
- Consumer Goods Technology (CGT) awarded Readers’ Choice Award for the ninth consecutive year.
- Forrester Research, Inc. named Cognizant a Leader in Business Intelligence Services.
- Cognizant placed as a Leader by the IDC MarketSpace report.
- Cognizant placed in IDC MarketScape as a Leader in IT and BPO Services.
Cognizant Preparation Links