BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited) is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) owned by the Government of India founded in 1954, belongs to the category of eight PSU’s under India’s Ministry of Defence specializing in manufacturing advanced electronics components and projects for the Indian Armed Forces. It has 9 factories all over India and has a net estimated worth of $ 4.0 billion.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
BEL has subsidiaries and joint ventures with local and international companies and provides a wide array of products such as Electronic Voting Machines, RADAR. Transmitters, SONAR based tech and electronic components of Military Communications and Ballistic Missile systems, Semiconductor Devices, Professional Vacuum Tubes, Crystal Devices, Solar Cells and Systems.
Bharat Electronics offers consultancy services on a turn-key basis which includes planning, supply and execution of process-related projects, LCD/LED Display Systems, test systems, etc. BEL professional tubes are employed by the Electrical Industry, Defence Services, Radio and TV Broadcast Networks and Industrial Electronics fields.
BEL Semiconductor devices find wide ranging applications in Entertainment Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Telecom and Defence Electronic Systems. Almost all components manufactured by Bharat Electronics conform to international specifications. The component part numbers are equivalent to and applications compatible with international part numbers.
- Mr. M V Gowtana - Chairman and MD
- The company logo “BEL” is an acronym of Bharat Electronics Limited. The motto of BEL i.e. “Quality. Technology. Innovation” epitomizes its philosophy to strive continuously for achieving excellence.
Number of employees:
- BEL has been conferred on with the "Navratna" status by the Government of India.
- BEL received prestigious Raksha Mantri Awards for "Excellence 2011-12" in the category of Best Performance in Exports, Indigenization, Innovation and Design Efforts.
- BEL won the SCOPE Meritorious Award for Excellence in Human Resource Management in the year 2012-13.
- BEL secured Society of Defence Technologists (SODET) Awards for Outstanding contributions by way of technology development and Innovation in the area of defence applications for the year 2011-12 &2012-13.
- BEL bagged 12 Gold Medals for Six Sigma Projects in the Competition conducted by Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI).
- BEL has been conferred "Karnataka State Export Excellence" Award in the product category "Electronics and Communication - Medium and Large Enterprise" for the years 2011-12 and 2012-13.
- Four Units of BEL — Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Machilipatnam and Navi Mumbai — have won the ''Strong Commitment to Excel'' recognition this year in the CII-EXIM Bank Award for Business Excellence (2013).