Prior to its split in August 2000, Accenture was known as Anderson Consultancy and was a separate unit of Andersen Worldwide Société Coopérative (AWSC) along with Arthur Anderson. The tension between Anderson Consultancy and Arthur Andersen was at its peak throughout the 1990s. Upset by the fact that Andersen Consultancy was paying 15% of its profit to Arthur Consultancy every year and also with the newly established business service called Arthur Andersen Business Consulting (AABC) which competed directly with Andersen Consultancy in market share. Andersen Consultancy filed a breach of contract against AWSC and Arthur Andersen and broke all contractual ties. As part of the arbitration settlement, Andersen Consulting paid the sum held in escrow (then $1.2 billion) to Arthur Andersen, and was required to change its name, resulting in the entity being renamed Accenture.
Complete Test Series for Accenture
Bag your Dream Job Today Comprehensive Online TestsExtensive Bank of 250+ QuestionsAcquire Essential Domain Skills
Accenture is now a multinational management and technology consulting service and an outsourcing company. It is the world's largest consulting service company as measured by revenues. Accenture’s current clients include 89 of the Top 100 Fortune Companies and two-thirds of the Fortune Global 500 Companies.
- Pierre Nanterme ( Chairman & CEO)
- David P. Rowland (CFO)
- Jo Deblaere (COO)
- Its logo means 'accent on the future'. It wanted a name that would represent its will to be a global consulting leader and a high performer.
Number of Employees:
- More than 350,000 employees.
- In 2016, Accenture Interactive and Accenture Digital acquired Karmarama, one of the largest independent agencies of UK.
- In 2016, the company is named as World’s most admirable IT Company according to Fortune magazine.
- In 2015, Accenture received seven valuable awards from Oracle Excellence Awards2015
- In 2015, the company has been ranked 15th in Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc.
- In 2014, Accenture has been ranked at 339 in the Fortune Global 2000 list.
- In 2014, Accenture was recognized as a leader for Worldwide Cloud Professional Services by research firm IDC.
- In 2013, the Ethisphere Institute designated Accenture as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 6th time.
- The firm was named by Fortune magazine as one of the top 100 companies to work for in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- In 2013, the firm was named 9th in the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc.
- In 2013, Corporate Responsibility Magazine named Accenture in the top 25 of their top 100 Best Corporate Citizens for the third consecutive year.
Accenture Preparation Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments