Every lakhs of students appear for SSC-CGL exam. Staff Selection Commission every year holds Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) for group “B” and group “C” posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. Being a govt. job, it is one of the most sought after career choice in India.
As per the latest trends, jobs in government sector are increasing at a very fast rate, due to various government programs and SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India, so a great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India etc.
Scheme of the Examination:
The Examination will be conducted in 4 tiers as indicated below:
Tier -I - Computer Based Examination
Tier -II - Computer Based Examination
Tier -III - Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Tier-IV - Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Age: 18 – 32 Years
Essential Educational Qualifications as on 1st August, 2018:
- Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
Note-I: During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify the “Subordinate Audit Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Junior Statistical Officer:
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level: or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before 01.08.2018.
- For posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines, Computer Proficiency Test has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification.