Founded in 1998, PayPal Holdings Inc. is a leading global online payment services company based in America. Through its digital payment platform, customers are able to carry out financial transactions on a wide range of websites. PayPal’s services are available across 200+ markets worldwide. Currently, it has almost 280 million active registered accounts. The company enables merchants and consumers to receive payments in over 100 currencies.
From 2002-15, PayPal functioned as a subsidiary of eBay, before the complete spin-off. Later, PayPal itself acquired a number of prominent ventures including Braintree, Venmo, Hyperwallet, Xoom Corporation, iZettle, TIO Networks, card.io, Tradera, etc. The company features in the Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations.
PayPal has offices in 27 countries of the world. In 2007, the company opened its software development center in India, at Chennai. Today, PayPal has offices at Bengaluru and Mumbai as well.
- San Jose, California, U.S.
- John Donahoe - Chairman
- Daniel Schulman - President & CEO
- PayPal uses a combination of double-P monogram and its name as the logo. This logo has been designed to emphasise on the expectations and trust of young generation with their innovating skills. At the same time, blue color of the logo symbolises excellence and reliability of the brand. The italised font is meant to represent the continuous growth of the company. In contrast to the old logo, the new logo of PayPal is modernized and mobile-friendly.
- US $ 15.451 billion (2018)
Number of Employees:
- Received ‘Best Company Perks & Benefits’ awards by Comparably in 2019.
- In 2018, the company got awards for ‘Best CEO’, ‘Best CEOs for Women’, ‘Best Company Perks & Benefits’, and ‘Best Company Compensation’ by Comparably.
- Received ‘FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) Company of the Year’ award at Business and Finance Irish Business Awards 2017.
- Listed among 2017 ‘100 Best Arizona Companies’ by BestCompanies AZ.
- Received ‘Excellence in the Workplace’ award at the Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Awards 2016.
- Got Silver listing in the ‘Best Use of Digital by Sector’ for Financial Services at the Digital Impact Awards 2016.
- PayPal India got Top Industry Awards for Technology Leadership at Zinnov Awards 2014.
- Won Webby Awards for ‘Best Financial Services Site’ and ‘People's Voice Award for Best Financial Services Site’ in 2006.