Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a computer-adaptive test for most management & related courses worldwide. Most executive MBA programs in premier institutes in India also require GMAT score. It is the most sought-after and trusted exam for more than 7,000 business and management programs worldwide.
GMAT assesses aspirants’ analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills with fluency in English. The average scores required for universities abroad require at least 710, while middle-tier universities accept 600.
GMAT Eligibility criteria:
- No upper age limit is provided by GMAC to appear for GMAT exam.
- GMAC has defined the minimum age limit to be at least 18 years.
- However, as per the GMAT eligibility criteria, 2018 aspirants falling in the age group of 13 – 17 years are also allowed to attempt the exam given provided they obtain written approval or consent by their legal guardians or parents.
- Language option for GMAT 2018 exam is English. (Hence fluency and the basic understanding of the English language is a must for the aspirants. The exam is tough, so an excellent command over the English language is necessary to clear the exam, and also one must possess the skills to tackle the twisted and confusing questions asked in the exam.)
- According to the GMAC, any individual can appear for the exam without any discrimination of their gender, nationality, religion, academic background, etc. It also includes differently-abled candidates along with candidates on special exam accommodation upon request.
- GMAC has not announced any official statement regarding qualification required to appear for GMAT.
- Candidates who wish to enroll for MBA programme should posses a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university
Generally, it is recommended to attempt the GMAT exam to get the entry into one of the top business schools, but it is not mandatory to have appeared for this exam to study abroad.
There are many management colleges worldwide that do not require a GMAT score to evaluate your profile. They only need your previous academic record, which will justify your capabilities or some work experience that defines your candidature. Before choosing your dream college, take some expert advice to ensure your enrollment.