Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is India’s biggest oil and natural gas exploration company founded in 1956 by the Indian Government under Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s leadership. It was recognized as one of the Navratnas in 1997 by the Government of India and its vision is ‘to be a global leader in integrated energy business through sustainable growth, knowledge excellence and exemplary governance practices’. At present ONGC is the forerunner in Exploration and Production enterprise in India and contributes to 72% of total crude oil production & 48% of natural gas production. Also, ONGC Videsh serves 16 countries overseas. It has the following subsidiaries:
- ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) ONGC Nile Ganga BV (ONG BV)
- ONGC Narmada (ONL)ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL)
- ONGC Mittal EnergyONGC Petro additions Limited (OPaL)
- Managing Director (MD) & Chairman (CEO) - Mr. D K Sarraf
- The logo contains the company's initials
Total Number of Employees
- ONGC was conferred with Best Company Promoting Sports Award by FCCI in 2014.
- ONGC was ranked as the Top Energy Company in India, Fifth in Asia and 21st globally as per PlattsTop 250 Global Energy Rankings
- ONGC was ranked 21st among global Oil and Gas Operations industry in Forbes Global 2000 list of the World's biggest companies for 2014
- ONGC was awarded the Most Attractive Employer in the Energy sector in India, in the Randstad Awards 2013.
- Ranked at 155th place in the Forbes Global 2000 for the year 2012.
- ONGC was ranked 39th among the world's 105 largest listed companies in 'transparency in corporate reporting' by Transparency International making it the most transparent company in India in 2011.