International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational IT firm headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. It manufactures and markets computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting, cloud computing, data analytics, and consulting services. Counted among the Fortune 500 companies, IBM is one of the world's largest employers.
IBM Selection Process:
In case of job recruitments, every company follows a procedure based on its profile requirements. IBM recruitment process includes three rounds, composed of a written test and interviews. These rounds are aimed at selecting candidates based on their abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and other related factors. A good selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants.
IBM carries out its hiring process in the following order:
- Written Test
- IBM Interview Process
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Minimum 60% in X, XII, Diploma or Equivalent
65% or Above/ Equivalent CGPA in B.Tech/ B.E/ M.Tech/M.E/MCA
No backlogs at the time of interview
Minimum 1 year of education gap
IBM Exam Pattern
The following table shows the complete sectional breakup of written exam:
||No. Of Questions
||Time Limit (in minutes)
|Cognitive Ability Games
|English Language Test
|Learning Agility Test
|| 1 coding + 5-6 MCQs
|Given below are the important features of IBM paper pattern:
- Cognitive ability games include problems that test the numerical abilities, reasoning skills, verbal skills, and similar proficiencies of the candidates.
- English Language section is a test of vocabulary and grammar. It includes questions from tenses, prepositions, active/passive voice, word spellings, synonyms, antonyms, etc. These feature in form of fill in the blanks, error spotting, etc.
- Learning Agility section is essentially a psychometric test, devised to judge the work personality of the candidate. Although there are no right or wrong answers in this section, the associated questions tend to check the candidate's suitability for professional environment.
- In the coding section, the candidate need to complete one coding-based question based on string or array or similar other concept. Apart from that, there are 5-6 MCQs on programming concepts, DBMS, operating systems, C++, etc.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult.
- There is a specific cut off for each individual section.
- On-screen calculator is also available in the exam.
- There is no negative marking in the paper.
- Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
IBM Interview Process
IBM Interview process consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Note: The above-given process is specifically for the role of Associate System Engineer.
Clearing IBM Recruitment Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation!
For more information, checkout ibm.com/employment
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.