Deloitte is one of the leading accounting firms, headquartered in London, England, UK. It offers a range of services like consulting, audit, financial advisory, risk management, etc. Deloitte has the biggest professional network, and ranks among the Top 10 'Fortune Best Big Companies to Work For'. It has offices across 10+ cities of India. The company hires thousands of employees every year from the country.
Deloitte Selection Process
In case of job recruitment, the selection process of every company is aimed at choosing the potential employees. Deloitte recruitment process consists of 3-4 rounds that evaluate the skills, abilities, and knowledge of the candidates as per the job profiles. These include a sort of written test, group exercise, and interviews. Here are the details of each screening round:
Deloitte selection process follows the given order:
- Online Written Test
- Versant Test
- Group Discussion/ JAM (Just a Minute) Test
- Technical + HR Interview
- Candidate must be B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MCA graduate.
- No backlogs should be there at the time of applying.
- Candidate must have 60 percent or 6 C.G.P.A throughout.
Deloitte Exam Pattern
The following table shows the sectional details of online written test:
||No. of Questions
||Time (in minutes)
|Quant & Logical Reasoning
Features of Deloitte Paper Pattern:
- Deloitte written test is adaptive in format and consists of 52 questions.
- The total time allotted for the written exam is 90 minutes. There is no negative marking in the exam.
- English section consists of short reading comprehension passages. They are easy to solve and answers can be easily found in the passages. This section also consists of basic grammar usage questions like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, paragraph completion, sentence completion, vocabulary, etc.
- Logical Reasoning questions check the analytical ability and critical thinking skills of the candidate. This part is based on arrangements, blood relations, syllogism, odd-one-out, data sufficiency, analogies, series, word sequence, etc. The difficulty level of these questions varies from easy to moderate.
- Quant-based questions are drawn from algebra, arithmetic, number system, geometry, and modern maths. This portion is a mix of easy and medium-level questions.
- Computer Fundamentals section has questions from data structures, networks, MS Office, Excel, algorithms, cloud computing, programming languages (C, C++), and related topics.
- Coding section is composed of two coding-based questions, which need to be done in C, C++, or Java.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderately difficult.
Deloitte Versant Test
Only those candidates who clear the first written test qualify for the next round. Versant test mainly checks the reading, listening, and spoken English skills of the candidates. It is an almost 20-minute test, comprising 40-45 questions. These questions are based on passages, fill-in-the-blanks, spoken dialogues, and similar other topics. For a good performance in this test, you should ideally listen more to sources like podcasts, English news, etc.
Deloitte JAM Round
This is basically a group discussion, where each group has 1-2 minutes to think on the given topic and one minute to speak on it. Every group has 6-8 participants. These topics are based on the latest trending themes like social media, cryptocurrency, technology usage, etc.
Deloitte Interview Round
Deloitte interview process consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical subjects are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for, or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.
Deloitte Preparation Links