NHPC Limited (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) (BSE: 533098, NSE: NHPC) is an Indian Hydro Power Generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorized cs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects. Later on NHPC expanded its objects to include other sources of energy like Geothermal, Tidal, Wind etc.
At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 1,50,000 Million . With an investment base of over Rs. 3,87,180 Million Approx., NHPC is among the TOP TEN companies in the country in terms of investment. Baira Suil Power station in Salooni Tehsil of Chamba district was the first project undertaken by NHPC.
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Chairman and MD – K.M Singh
- The image is used to identify the organization NHPC Limited, a subject of public interest. The significance of the logo is to help the reader identify the organization, assure the readers that they have reached the right article containing critical commentary about the organization, and illustrate the organization's intended branding message in a way that words alone could not convey.
Total Number of Employees
- NHPC has achieved the highest ever sales turnover of Rs. 2672 crore (LY: Rs.2244 crore) and highest ever net profit of Rs.1075 crore (LY: Rs.1004 crore). For the first time since its inception the company has received comments from Statutory Auditors on the Accounts.
- NHPC Power Stations generated 1927 MUs of electricity against the aggregate target of 1872 MUs during the month of May, 2009.
- NHPC has been conferred with''Performance Excellence Award '' by the Mumbai based Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) in recognition of its excellence in every sphere of operation starting from conceptualization to commissioning of hydro power projects for the year 2007-08. The award was presented by Ms. Asha Swaroop, Chief Secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh to the undersigned at Manali on 22.05.2009.
- Achieved highest ever net Profit of Rs. 1,050 crores (provisional) which is 4.6% higher than the net profit of Rs. 1,004 crores earned during 2007-08.
- Achieved an all time high sales turnover of Rs. 2,562 crore (provisional) as against Rs. 2,301 crore during the previous year, thereby registering an increase of 11.3%.
- Achieved realization of Rs. 2,420.36 crore (99.69%) against actual billing of Rs. 2,427.98 crore.
- Incured Capital expenditure of Rs. 3,678 crore against Rs. 2,568 crore in previous year i.e. growth of 43%.
- Enjoys highest credit rating i.e. AAA for domestic borrowings from M/s Fitch and BBB- for external borrowings both from M/s Fitch and M/s S&P which is equivalent to Sovereign rating.
- NHPC has planned a Capex of Rs 21,600 crore for XI plan.
- Generated 16690 Million Units electricity against 14813 Million Units generated during previous year thereby registering an increase of 12.69 %.
- NHPC has been conferred Mini Ratna status by the Government of India.
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
E-Books & Assignments