Established in 2004, Facebook, Inc. is an American online social networking and media service company. Originally started for Harvard students, the service spread across the world by year 2006. Today, Facebook is the largest social network with more than 2 billion monthly users.
Along with its high-profile acquisitions like Instagram and Whatsapp, Facebook has grown into an advertising platform. Over 140 million businesses utilize Facebook apps to expand their market and connect with customers.
The company has offices in 70 cities worldwide. Facebook opened its first office in India at Hyderabad in 2010. Now, its offices are present in Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Gurugram as well. The company conducts placements across top colleges in India, hiring engineering and non-engineering graduates.
- Menlo Park, California, USA
- Mark Zuckerberg – Founder, Chairman and CEO
- Facebook is one of the few companies that maintained their original logo design with only slight modifications. It uses a simple "f" logo in blue and white. Facebook’s logo is straightforward and a plain depiction of its brand. The simplistic nature of the logo’s design contributes to its appeal and popularity. Mark Zuckerberg himself chose the main elements of the logo design, picking his favourite colors (blue and white). The colors also signify the enthusiasm and optimism of youth who founded the company.
- US $55.838 billion (FY 2018)
Number of Employees:
- 43,000+ fulltime employees
- Placed into the ‘Top 100 Classic Websites’ by PC Magazine in 2007.
- Won the ‘People's Voice Award’ from the Webby Awards in 2008.
- Won the Crunchie ‘Best Overall Startup or Product’ award in 2010. (third year in a row)
- In 2018, Facebook got 12 awards including ‘Best Company Culture’, ‘Best CEO’, ‘Best Company for Professional Development’, etc.
- In 2019, the company won 13 awards including ‘Best Company for Diversity’, ‘Best Company for Women’ 2019, ‘Best Leadership Teams’, etc.