Based in Germany, Deutsche Bank AG is a leading multinational investment bank and financial services company. It was founded in 1870 with a purpose to finance foreign trade and promote German exports. Soon, the bank expanded its network to Europe, America and Asia and today, it works across 58 countries. Deutsche Bank operates in three major divisions: Private & Commercial Bank, Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Asset Management (DWS).
From the second half of 1890s, the bank started forming alliances and acquiring other ventures. Some of its important subsidiaries and acquisitions include: Deutsche Postbank, MortgageIT, Norisbank, DB Home Lending, Berkshire Mortgage Finance, etc. In terms of total assets, Deutsche Bank is the 17th largest bank in the world. The bank has featured in Fortune ‘Global 500’ list for more than 25 years.
In 1980, Deutsche Bank initiated operations in India and presently, has branches in 17 cities of the country. The bank’s main office in India is located at Mumbai.
- Paul Achleitner - Chairman
- Christian Sewing - CEO
- Since its foundation, Deutsche Bank has used a number of symbols as its logo. In 1973, the bank finally chose the logo of ‘a blue oblique line/slash in a blue square’. Till now, this logo has remained same. It symbolizes the bank as one of the largest global financial services providers. The logo signifies ‘modernist rationalism’ that the bank embodies. The oblique line represents dynamic growth and development while the square is a sign of stability and reliability of the company.
- US $ 27.32 billion (2018)
Number of Employees:
- Received ‘RMB House of the Year’ and ‘Deal of the Year’ awards at Asia Risk Awards 2019.
- Deutsche Bank Wealth Management named ‘Best Private Bank in Germany’ at Global Private Banking Awards 2019.
- Ranked No. 1 global market leader for financial institutions’ cash management in Euromoney survey 2019.
- Voted to first position in Institutional Investor’s 33rd-annual All-Europe Research analyst rankings (2018).
- MyBank India, the mobile app of Deutsche Bank India, won Red Dot Award: Communication Design 2018.