Boston Consulting Group is a leading management consulting firm based in US. Established in 1963, the firm is considered a pioneer in business strategy. Besides its headquarters at Massachusetts, BCG has 90+ other offices across the globe. The firm’s customers include many of the world’s top 500 corporations. BCG is a part of Big Three or MBB (McKinsey, BCG, Bain & Company), the three largest employers in management consulting.
BCG operates through a group of companies to support its consulting services. Also, the firm has long-term partnerships with organizations like World Economic Forum, B20, TED and many others. In order to boost its digital capabilities, BCG acquired a popular London-based design consultancy, AllofUs, in year 2019.
In 1995, BCG initiated services in India. It opened its main office in Mumbai. At present, the firm has offices at Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and New Delhi.
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Rich Lesser - CEO & President
- BCG uses the company name abbreviation ‘BCG’ as logo with the full name written alongside. Initially, the firm kept the full name as ‘The Boston Consulting Group’ under the abbreviation, to reflect a traditional and formal style of management. In 2018, BCG rebranded the name to ‘Boston Consulting Group’, thus removing ‘The’ from its logo and changing its position. The purpose of this change was to focus on the distinguished, global, and evolved nature of the firm.
- US $8.5 billion (FY 2019)
Number of Employees:
- Named #1 in Vault’s list of ‘Best Consulting Firms to Work for ’in Asia-Pacific in 2020.
- Listed in the top 10 of Fortune ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ since 11 years. (2019)
- Featured in Working Mother magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies for Parents in US’ for the 13th time in row. (2019)
- Got 100% rating on the ‘Corporate Equality Index’ for 12 consecutive years. (2019)
- Received top rank in Consulting magazine’s ‘Best Firms to Work For’ list for the 5th consecutive year in 2018.
- Won the ‘All Star’ award in ‘2017 Global Outsourcing 100’ program of IAOP (International Association of Outsourcing Professionals), for the 2nd consecutive year.