Established in 1985, The Blackstone Group Inc. is one of the top global investment firms. It was founded by Peter G. Peterson and Stephen A. Schwarzman, who previously worked at Lehman Brothers. Originally started as a mergers & acquisitions boutique, Blackstone turned into a public company in 2007. Today, it offers services in alternate asset management, private equity, real estate, credit and various other financial sectors. Headquartered at New York City, the firm has offices at 29 locations worldwide.
Early 1990s, Blackstone expanded its range of businesses and services. Later on, the firm invested in different ventures and acquired corporations including Busch Entertainment, Alliant Insurance Services, Emdeon, Excel Trust, Pure Industrial, GSO Capital Partners, etc. At present, Blackstone’s major subsidiaries are Hilton Worldwide, Michaels, Merlin Entertainments Group, and The Weather Channel.
Blackstone launched its first real estate division in India in 2007. Soon, it formed alliances with many Indian companies. India is considered to be Blackstone’s biggest market in Asia. Currently, the firm has its main office in Mumbai.
- Manhattan, New York, United States
- Stephen A. Schwarzman – Chairman, CEO & Co-founder
- Jonathan D. Gray - President & COO
- Initially, Blackstone used its complete name ‘The Blackstone Group’ for the logo in black and white. The firm’s new logo represents the name ‘Blackstone’ in white on a black background. The font and colors remaining same, the latest logo is a result of rebranding of the firm’s name. The simplicity of logo’s font and style signifies the reliability, integrity and authenticity of the company.
- US $7.119 billion (FY 2017)
Number of Employees:
- As per Fortune’s estimates, Blackstone is the world’s largest commercial real estate company.
- Won 10 of the Private Equity Real Estate, Private Equity International and Real Estate Capital’s Global Awards 2018.
- Recognised as ‘Global Fund Manager of the Year’ at VCCircle Hall of Fame Awards 2018.
- Got 13 awards across the Private Equity International publications in 2016.
- Received 6 awards at PERE’s Global Private Equity Real Estate Awards 2013.
- Featured in Fortune 500 List since four years.