IBPS is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Every year it conducts Bank PO exams all over India on behalf of Participating Banks through a common recruitment process (CRP). An individual after joining as PO may achieve the rank of General Manager in nearly 14 years. After GM one can think for the position of executive director or chairman of a bank, which is decided by GOI and the selection committee. That’s why Bank PO is a highly demanding job and is also secure in nature as the job governed by IBA rules and regulations.
Age (As on 01.08.2018):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
- A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1998 (both dates inclusive)
Educational Qualifications (As on 04.09.2018):
Candidate should possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
Exam Structure and stages
IBPS conducts Preliminary and Mains Exam Online through CRP. Preliminary exam consists of 100 questions for 100 marks to be attempted in 1Hour whereas Main exam consists of 155 Questions for 200 marks to be attempted in 3 hours along with 2 questions based on Letter writing and Essay for 25 marks and to be attempted in 30 Minutes.
Sections in Prelims:
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
Sections in Mains:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/ Economy/ Banking
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
- Candidates shortlisted through Online Main examination for PO will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS.
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100.
- The minimum qualifying marks in interview is greater than or equal to 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of Online Main Exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination and Interview.
- Pre-Examination Training is conducted by Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres.
- All eligible candidates who opt for Pre-Examination Training should fill in the relevant column in the online application. Training will be provided free of cost but all other expenses regarding travelling, boarding, lodging etc. will have to be borne by the candidate for attending the pre examination training programme at the designated Centres.
- By merely attending the Pre-Examination Training no candidate acquires any right to be selected in any of the Participating Organisations mentioned.
Candidates shortlisted on completion of the Interview process will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum preference by IBPS.