A.T. Kearney is a global management consulting firm that handles operational and strategic CEO Agenda issues encompassing businesses, governments and institutions. Founded in 1926, the firm originated as a part of McKinsey, split in 1939, and got its actual name in 1947. Presently, Kearney is headquartered in Chicago and has offices at 60 other locations worldwide. The firm features in Forbes list of ‘Best Management Consulting Firms 2019’.
From 1985-88, the company focused on expanding its operations in various countries and was named as the 5th biggest multidisciplinary management consulting. Kearney was acquired by EDS in 1995, and remained its subsidiary until the complete spinoff in 2006. In order to boost its data management capabilities, Kearney gained the ownership of business analytics consultancy Cervello in 2019.
In 1997, Kearney opened its first office in India at Delhi. Today, the company has offices at Gurugram, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Alex Liu - Chairman & Managing Officer
- For the first time since its inception, A.T. Kearney brought a significant change in its logo in 2020. The old logo displayed the complete company name in red, with the part ‘A.T.’ referring to the initials of company’s founder Andrew Thomas Kearney. The new logo shows only the last name ‘Kearney’ in black. The latest logo is simpler and cleaner compared to the old one. The new font and style emphasises on brand’s identity, modernity, forward-thinking and authenticity.
- US $1.3 billion (FY 2018)
Number of Employees:
- Features in Consulting Magazine's ‘Best Firms to Work For’ list since 7-8 years.
- Listed in Working Mother Magazine among its ‘Best Companies’.
- From 2013, Kearney has been recognized as 'Top 100 Firms for Working Families and Women' by Working Mother Magazine.
- From 2015, the firm has featured among ‘Best places to work for LGBT Equality' every year.
- Won the ‘Excellence in Social & Community Investment’ award by Consulting Magazine in year 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- In 2018, the firm got Silver medal by the annual ‘Excellence in Practice’ Awards of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Paul Laudicina, Chairman Emeritus of A.T. Kearney, received ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Consulting Magazine as a part of its Top 25 Consultants 2019.