Wal-Mart Inc. is a multinational retail industry of America which works as a chain of supermarkets, rebate retail chains and grocery stores. Founded in 1962 by Sam Walton, it has more than 12000 stores in 28 countries. It is the largest company in the world as per of revenue and listed in the Fortune Global 500 list and also one of the world’s largest private employer. Wal-Mart contains products like electronics, movies and music, home and furniture, clothing, toys, health and beauty, party suppliers, and grocery. It provides services like Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart Pay, Wal-Mart Money Card which makes easier and comfortable for the user point of view.
Wal – Mart is the 18th largest public company in the world according to Forbes Global 2000 list and when it is ranked by revenue, it is listed as one of the largest public industry.
- Bentonville, Arkansas, U.S
- Chairman — Greg Penner
- President and Chief Executive Officer – Doug McMillion
- The logo contains the name of the company and the yellow spokes which represents the symbol of spark and inspiration .
- US $ 482.13 billion (2015)
Number of employees:
- 2.3 million, worldwide(2016)
- 1.4 million, U.S.
- It is the most valuable company according to market values.
- In U.S, Wal- Mart is one of the largest grocery retail markets.
- Wal- Mart has received American Bar Association Award for Outstanding Achievements in Promoting Diversity in 2007.
- In 2010, Walmart Canada Bank has launched the Walmart Rewards MasterCard.
Walmart Preparations Links