Qualcomm, founded in San Diego, California, US in 1985 by MIT Alumnus and UC San Diego professor Irwin M. Jacobs along with 6 other people. Qualcomm is basically a MNC telecommunication equipment company that designs and markets wireless telecommunication services. The main company is Qualcomm Incorporated (Qualcomm) which includes Qualcomm Technology Licensing Division (QTL). Qualcomm's completely owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies Inc. (QTI), runs substantially all of Qualcomm's R&D activities, as well as its product and services businesses, including its semiconductor business i.e. Qualcomm CDMA Technologies.
- San Diego, California, US.
- Executive Chairman — Paul E. Jacobs
- CEO — Steven Mollenkopf
- President – Derek Aberle
- The entire logo is used to convey the meaning intended i.e the name of the company Qualcomm
Total Number of Employees
- Qualcomm has been awarded with the best Mobile Innovation for Health by GSMA global Mobile Awards in 2015.
- It has been rated among Beijing Top 10 Enterprise Volunteer Organization.
- The company was awarded with Employee’s Choice Awards by Glassdoor in 2015.
- It has been awarded with Technology Innovation Award in 2015 China Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Summit.
- It was ranked among top 100 companies by Better Investing Magazine in 2014.
- In 2014, it was conferred with CLO Learning Elite Award.
- It has been awarded with Investor Relation Magazine Awards in 2014.
- Qualcomm was awarded with UBM Electronics ACE Awards in 2014.
Qualcomm Preparations Links
Complete Campus Placement Training Course
Video LecturesOnline TestsE-Books & Assignments